The Catholic Community Of Okmulgee Would Like To Welcome Father Joshua Litwack As The New Priest Of St. Anthony’s & Uganda Martyr Churches.
Rev. Joshua E. Litwack was born on February 18, 1971 in Burbank California, Fr. Josh grew up in Tulsa and Tahlequah Oklahoma, Kingwood Texas and, Rogers Arkansas, graduating from Bishop Kelley High School in 1989.
Fr. Josh’s father, Deacon Steve (St. Augustine and St. Monica Churches) mother, Donna and younger brother Zach, live in Tulsa. His older sister Maria lives in Florida.
Attending St. Meinrad Seminary College (BA in English Literature with a minor degree in Theology) and School of Theology (MA in Christian Thought & Life and Masters of Divinity) in St. Meinrad, Indiana, Fr. Josh graduated in May 2000, and was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Tulsa on July 28, 2000 by Bishop Edward Slattery.
Since July 2000, Fr. Josh has held the following positions:
· 2000-2003 Associate Pastor of Christ the King Church in Tulsa as well as being part-time Chaplain at Bishop Kelley High School
· 2003-2004 Associate Pastor of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Church in Tulsa and continued being part-time Chaplain at Bishop Kelley High School
· 2004-2005 Full time Chaplain at Bishop Kelley High School
· 2005-2009 Pastor of St. Clement of Rome Church in Bixby, part-time Chaplain at Bishop Kelley High School, and Diocesan Chaplain for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Campfire
· 2009-2013 Pastor of Sacred Heart Church (Wilburton), St. Catherine of Siena Church (Talihina), and Holy Trinity Church (Clayton)
Traveling, doing artwork, writing, reading, eating interesting food, and being with friends are just a few of Fr. Josh’s interests.
Celebrating the Sacraments, teaching, preaching, blessing, and visiting with parishioners are some of the things Fr. Josh loves to do in his priestly ministry.
Fr. Josh is very much looking forward to being Pastor of St. Anthony and Uganda Martyrs Churches. He loves God very much and desires to serve God’s People in celebrating and growing in our Catholic Faith.
There will be no daily masses from July 1st to 5th 2013. He will say his first mass on Saturday July 6th at 5 pm at St Anthony’s.
On Sunday July 7, there will be a combined St Anthony & Uganda Marty mass at 10:00 am at St. Anthony’s (there will be NO 8:30 am MASS at Uganda Martyrs) After the 10:00 am mass the annual Parish picnic/Welcoming Reception for Father Josh will be held at the St. Anthony’s Parish Hall.
Hamburgers and hot dogs will be furnished.